Monday, June 28, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1246


HappyUP!!! - an awesome compliment
Why it happened - my friend will be Toastmaster tomorrow
Why it makes me happy - I was helping her fulfill this role for the first time. In the course of the e-mail exchange, she gave me the greatest words of grace and appreciation. While my ego does not need them, they felt great......and they were very timely. Words do matter.

HappyUP!!! - birdie on 5
Why it happened - I hit 3 great shots
Why it makes me happy - 3 is arguably the hardest hole on our golf course...a bogey is common...and a double bogey can happen very easily for anyone. When you "conquer" it for that day....HappyUP!!!

HappyUP!!! - banging some practice serves
Why it happened - I used to love playing tennis..and want to love it again
Why it makes me happy - I don't play anymore...don't have the "zip" I had...I hit some clunkers...but I was very happy at the amount of serves I got into the service box that had a bit of spin on them. Heck...a few of them were even placed where I wanted them to be. As long as I pick a weak enough opponent when I am ready to play, I shouldn't embarrass myself much

HappyUP!!! - my friend's dog
Why it happened - I ran across a buddy in the park
Why it makes me happy - I love dogs....other people's dogs....just don't have the capacity to do the maintenance. I loved watching this dog run across the park to me.....I do love cats..but there really is nothing better than a great dog.

JollyJottings

Teeing it up with my boyz
Taking a walk
An awesome compliment
My friend's dog
Birdie on 5
Banging some practice serves

No comments: