Sunday, June 06, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1224



HappyUP!!! - cart path
Why it happened - a crappy tee shot
Why it makes me happy - I hooked my drive left. I was on the cart path. I was entitled to relief. I would have had to drop into the rough...bad rough. I chose to hit it off the cart path...much to the dismay of my playing partner....I knocked that 5 iron to within 10 feet and made the birdie putt! Accomplishment

HappyUP!!! - 3 wood off the hardpan
Why it happened - my drive strayed a bit..then I nailed "the shot"
Why it makes me happy - when a shot requires a level of skill above what most have....and you execute......THAT is what keeps you golfing

HappyUP!!! - owner's enthusiasm
Why it happened - he made sure he was there
Why it makes me happy - while I don't care for some changes that have happened, I know they needed to happen for the organism (our golf club) to survive. During these times of change, someone has to be the catalyst/cheerleader. It's not my skillset....I have others...but I appreciate those that have that touch when it is needed.

JollyJottings

Birdies
Soreness
5 iron on 2
6 iron on 3
5 iron on 4
3 wood....chip...birdie on 6
Cart path birdie on 8
Drive...8 iron...putt on 9
Chutt on 13
Hybrid tee shot on 14
Wecge on 15
7 iron on 16
Pitch from weeds on 18
Playing with Mikey
Appetizers
Owner's enthusiasm


No comments: