Days Predicted: 12 or less
The Days -
Days to Date:16
9/23 Final HappyUPdate!!! -
that darn September. If not for hat little sneak attack leading up to 9/11, we would have been pretty close to on the money. Still, the Ol Almanac has a pretty good track record. Masses have come up to me and said, "yeah, cool!!!....but what about the winter. Are we going to get the El Nino that will put a dent in this California drought?"
Hey....the Almanac only covers summer. Anything predicting the winter would be as wild ass guess as any weather caster would toss out......and they really aren't tossing out anything as we speak other than..."yeah, we are already in El Nino. The only question is will it be mild.....moderate...or extreme."
........sheesh...they sound like politicians.
That's it for 2015.....see ya Memorial Day 2016!
- we have a week to go. No more "nice surprises" in the forecast. Looks like the poor Almanac takes it's worst beating since being officially tracked here (see all results at bottom of page). Hey....weather forecasters regularly miss tomorrow's forecast! It's all good
9/8 HappyUPdate!!! -
we have been cruising along....well into Sept....we have only missed by one day. That's pretty good.................BUT.......WHAT THE HECK?!?!?.....We are going to get hit with about 6 days in a row of 100+?!?!?! Take a look above at "the days"....we had one experience of 3 days in a row....a couple of 2 days in a row.....and now we are going to get 6????...in September???? I cry "FOUL!!!!" It's an aberration!!! It's early on-set "El Nino". Oh well....even the greatest theories run afoul once in awhile. AnomalyUP!!!!
8/29 HappyUPdate!!! -
doggone it! Where did that 101 come from yesterday? It was only supposed to be 98!!!
8/20 HappyUPdate!!! -
OK, kids....we have hit the point! Yep....we have expired all of our days. Looks like the Ol Almanac is in massive fail. I mean, after all, we have plenty of August left.....
..........yet.....no more 100's in the forecast. September can be mild...but it can sneak in some heaters as well. We shall see
- had a little challenge the past week. THIS may be the first year that the Ol Almanac takes a royal beating........or will it? We have been here before in the past. Yeah, we just got through our hottest month here.....but only 2 100 days left in the almanac?....and we have to get through all of August? Cmmmmmmmmmmmmm
7/14 HappyUPdate!!! -
well.....we took a little beating right after the last update. Smooth sailing since. We may be bumping up against A C-Note the next couple of days. After that, the forecast looks pretty good for July....our hottest month here.
7/1/15 HappyUPdate!!! -
yep....going to get another cooker today....then things will back off again. We will have expired half of our 100 degree days by July 1. Yet, I am sure that if you review previous years (see below)...the almanac has NEVER been significantly disproved. I like to think...."this much heat so soon only means we are front-end loaded...and July/August will be kind to us."
6/29/15 HappyUPdate!!! -
the almanac is going to getting a challenge here in late June. We have been there before. We had a couple of "heaters" last week....and looking at a few this week. It is what it is. We will just stay indoors!!!
6/10/15 HappyUPdate!!! -
June snuck a little broiler in on us on Monday. May have a couple more to go this week. It's going to be close. Not to worry. I'd have to go back to the past files (and I will) but I think this is fairly common.
5/31/15....It's that time of year again
- where we begin the prediction of Roseville weather for the summer.
How many days of 100 or above will we have?
- that is what the Almanac is all about.
It's all based on the last week of May
- if you doubt the predictive qualities....just look at the record below. Yeah....it's pretty darn solid.
It hangs it's "cojones"
- way out there beyond what any meteorologist or website will do.
- our verification will be taken off of the reading from weather.com for Roseville, CA
2015 Ol Nutter Almanac
12 or less predicted...16 actual
2014 Ol Nutter Almanac
11-13 predicted......14 actual