Wednesday, June 09, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1227

HappyUP!!! - continuing to swing well
Why it happened - I keep trying
Why it makes me happy - when you are in a slump in golf, everything ends up off. I always have prided myelf in the fact that, while never the longest hitter or the purest hitter of the ball, I could alway rely on the short game in the clutch. When the "long game," gets so bad though...it leeches over to effecting one's strength. The long game is coming around....and, with it, is my attitude around the short game. It manifested today many times....and, though the score wasn't there, the attitude was. That is what it is all about.

HappyUP!!! - remembering mom
Why it happened - tomorrow would have been her birthday
Why it makes me happy - I had an incredible mom. I appreciated her when she was here. I found out things after she passed that would have made me appreciate her more. Today, I found out one more thing that, while not knowing it at the time, was incredible in how it effected my life. Continual amazement.

HappyUP!!! - draining putts on 9 and 18 in the afternoon
Why it happened - I could "see" the line...and executed
Why it makes me happy - the last holes of each 9 is where the money is made. On both of these holes, I had thrased one shot. In the end, the putter is the great equalizer. I made two insane putts on the closing holes this afternoon.....it made me some money. More importantly, it furthered my reputation amongst my friends...."never count that asshole out!" I love that more than collecting the dough. I am a grinder that never gives up when something important is on the line.

HappyUP!!! - life and it's glory
Why it happened - I received some insight
Why it makes me happy - when you can't figure out something that is confusing.....and then you do....it gives you a feeling of accomplishment....kind of like when you get that last word in that tough crossword puzzle. I got a piece of that today...and it really helped.

HappyUP!!! - getting a putt drained against me
Why it happened - my friend stepped up big
Why it makes me happy - though I would have won a lot of dough, this HappyUP!!! cost me some. I had made an unlikely putt...on the last hole...with everything on the line. My friend had got a bad break on a great shot. While I never wish poor things on my opponents, after I made my putt, I really hoped he would make his tough putt to tie the "big bet." We had a great struggle.....and this was a good hole to "call a push" on. I know this was a HappyUP!!! for him....and...because it didn't make me pay....it made it a HappyUP!!! for me. I'm good with, "great match...no blood on that hole...see you tomorrow."

JollyJottings

Seeing my friend as I picked up coffee
36 holes in stunning weather
Lots of great shots
Continuing to swing well...not scoring...but that will come...
Making insanely key putts on 9 and 18 in the afternoon
Making a few other insanely key putts in the afternoon
Great texts
Great e-mails
Remembering my late mom's b-day
Winning some dough from MM
Watching my friend, Jackass, drain a putt on the 36th hole


No comments: