Thursday, July 31, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 550.....BIG OL HappyUP!!! Day

OK....I know - the theory of HappyUP!!! is to do three HappyUP!!!s a day. No less.....I don't think I ever put it in the rules that you couldn't do more. Hey....there's no limits to happiness according to Dr Seligman's work.

HappyUP!!! - health
Why it happened - I went to the doctor
Why it makes me happy - I had a mole removed last week. The lab came back that it was benign. I wasn't stressing about it BUT life could have changed radically with a different finding. Looks like I just need to load up on Vitamin D a bit. It looks like the weight seems to have crept up a bit too......shocking! I'll get that taken care of by the time I go back to the doctor in November.

HappyUP!!! - getting real with the doctor
Why it happened - I told him that I knew some personal info about him
Why it makes me happy - he really started talking when I told him that I was aware of his personal situation. We then got to talk like a couple of guys rather than the doctor/patient thing. Very cool.

HappyUP!!! - SMOKING...and I mean SMOKING the DOW
Why it happened - I had a couple of strong stocks today that are not in the Dow
Why it makes me happy - hey, the Dow was down over 200 points.....yet I actually was ahead today without "shorting" any stocks. I beat the Dow by 1.9%!!! You have to file away days like these because the Dow will beat me in days to come. It's very easy to focus on the down days. My stocks were only up .11% but I could have taken a bloodbath today. PLUS....I am getting closer to catching all those smart guys who use the Dow as a measuring stick. It's down about 14% for the year....I'm down 15%. It is my goal to prove that, over the long haul, a monkey throwing darts (me) CAN beat all those guys who spend their time with all their scientific analysis......plus, I want to do it ALL on the long end without resorting to "shorting" stocks.

HappyUP!!! - schnitzeling near the top
Why it happened - I decided not to be greedy
Why it makes me happy - one of my stocks was sizzling today. It was up by over 10% at one time. It also was my biggest holding. I decided to sell off a small portion of it. It turns out that I caught it near the top before the stock retreated to being up 6.7% for the day. It makes me happy when I do something smart. Trust me, when a stock you are holding is heading up....Up....UP.....it isn't easy to take some off the table. Wow....I actually showed some discipline.

HappyUP!!! - joining the golf club
Why it happened - I made a commitment
Why it makes me happy - I have a place to tee it up whenever I want. This will lead to golfing on a more consistent basis which should lead to more consistent golf.

HappyUP!!! - meeting someone I knew right on the first fairway
Why it happened - I had the guy join me
Why it makes me happy - it turns out that I had played golf with this guy about 5 years ago back at the Pinehurst Golf School. He just joined this club yesterday! I already have a new friend at my new club.

HappyUP!!! - 27 holes
Why it happened - it was there for the taking
Why it makes me happy - more swings....more practice....better scores to come. It sure wasn't there today but I was also playing off the 7000 yard tees! I think the 6600 yd ones are adequate but my new buddy is a pretty good golfer so I had to "go to the back." Well....not all the way back....the back is about 7400 yards!

JollyJottings

Good fig report
Corner guitar jammers

No comments: