Sunday, July 13, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 532 - Overachievement with the HappyUP!!!'s





Pardon me -
as I indulge myself with a few extra HappyUP!!!s today. NO!!! Just because I did more than three does NOT break the string. This is my gig and I make the rules!!!


HappyUP!!!
- 8 hrs of sleep
Why it happened - who knows
Why it makes me happy - I was zoning....no interruptions. Went to sleep around 11:30 and woke up at 7:30. That is almost unheard of for this kid. Sleep is important.

HappyUP!!! - meeting my neighbor a couple of doors down
Why it happened - she was having a yard sale and I had excess tomatoes
Why it makes me happy - her and her boyfriend love tomatoes. When you are one guy with 20 tomato plants, people nearby who love tomatoes is a HappyUP!!! I love to grow them and I love sharing the harvest...especially a couple of doors down

HappyUP!!! - tomato-ing the lady next door
Why it happened - I said, "D....tomatoes?" She said, "YES!"
Why it makes me happy - same as above....people love tomatoes. I love to provide. It's a win-win

HappyUP!!! - defurring the cat
Why it happened - I took the time
Why it makes me happy - I don't take the brush and metal brush to Stogie very often. Shame on me. I took so much fur off of him that, on a hot day, shedding the excess must have felt great. He loves the attention too! I commit to more defurring in the future!

HappyUP!!! - coffee with my buddy
Why it happened - he took my call
Why it makes me happy - we love to people watch and chew the cud

HappyUP!!! - an invite to come to Colorado
Why it happened - my friend has grace...and the gift of hospitality
Why it makes me happy - I just may take him up on it. Colorado is probably a touch cooler in August than Sacramento! Plus, this couple's company is as good as it gets.

HappyUP!!! - e-mail dialogue with a new friend
Why it happened - the person followed up with an e-mail
Why it makes me happy - we traded some good stories and have some similar philosophies. Trust me, when you are the Nutster, you have to do a little looking for people that want to be or will admit to being on a similar plane. It's about like-minded people...probably found another one.

JollyJottings (the contenders)

Sleeping until 7:30
Coffee with my buddy
Meeting a neighbor
Giving away tomato's
MORE tomato's
An invitation to watch soccer
Finding a book
De-furring the cat
An e-mail exchange with a new friend
An e-mail exchange with a dear friend...and an invitation to go visit
A phone call with an old friend...and confirmation regarding a trip
A reminder that about a specific trip that I need to book
Tidying Up

No comments: