Monday, July 21, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 540......Smokin the Dow on a Monday

HappyUP!!! - Smokin the Dow
Why it happened - who knows...I got lucky
Why it makes me happy - any day that the portfolio I manage beats the Dow is a HappyUP!!! The Dow Jones was down about .25% today....the stocks I managed were up 1.37% today. What a spread! Now, this doesn't always happen so I am not letting this go to my head. Usually, I don't make a big deal of it. When the difference is 1.5%, however, it is a day to celebrate. This is one thing that you get to know when you are doing HappyUP!!!s. You emphasize your wins rather than spending a lot of time lamenting the losses.

HappyUP!!! - tomatoes to a friend
Why it happened - I called him to see if he needed any
Why it makes me happy - I like giving people tomatoes. Usually, I just drop them on their porch. If they thank me, they thank me. If they don't, they don't. In this case, the person came out and we visited on his front porch for awhile chatting.

HappyUP!!! - consulting
Why it happened - a friend called me
Why it makes me happy - it's nice to have my opinion valued and sought out.

JollyJottings

Consulting with a friend
Breakfast
Mowing
Getting Things Done

No comments: