Saturday, July 19, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 538 - Greg Norman and The Open




HappyUP!!! - Greg Norman

Why it happened - he tee'd it up at the Open...at age 53

Why it makes me happy - anyone who loves golf...or has a remote interest loved today at the British Open. He's leading the tournament by two shots going into the last round. Norman has led going into the final round many, many times in his playing heyday. Many times...most of the time....he came up empty. If it happens tomorrow, it will NOT be a HappyUP!!! I'll make it one today because it was awesome today...and gives us something to look forward to tomorrow.

HappyUP!!! - golf

Why it happened - I was invited to play in a member/guest invitational.

Why it makes me happy - I love to play golf...especially when I have been playing well. I love Morgan Creek golf course. I love the guy I was playing with. I didn't score well today which is a bit of a setback but I hit a lot of quality shots and very few terrible ones. It is all about some fine tuning and playing a little more regularly.

HappyUP!!! - seeing my old friend BB at Morgan Creek

Why it happened - he was a guest at the same tournament

Why it makes me happy - I used to play a reasonable amount of golf with this guy back in the day. He was a bit older than me. He still looks the same. HE, unlike myself, is still playing some great golf. I think he had it a few under par today. We reconnected and, with any luck, we'll tee it up together soon.

No comments: