Tuesday, July 29, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 548

HappyUP!!! - LOSING to the Dow
Why it happened - hey, it's the market
Why it makes me happy - yesterday, I was happy to beat the Dow......even though we both got clobbered. Today, the Dow clobbered me....but it was up over 2%....so it was a good day in the investment world. The extra HappyUP!!! is below...

HappyUP!!! - Merrill Lynch writedown
Why it happened - who knows
Why it makes me happy - this news has the potential to signify an end to the financial stocks getting hammered. This isn't about me this time. This is about assisting the banking system and beginning to restore some positivity to the markets. It was like the entire financial investment world was waiting for Merrill to actually say how big the loss is. Merrill carried a majority of the "bad loans." By disclosing this, the markets can now get their arms around the crisis. This could aid greatly in repairing our systems.

HappyUP!!! - spaghetti
Why it happened - I made spag sauce the other day
Why it makes me happy - it was the entire pasta lunch!.....that inspired me to go harvest more of my tomatoes ....that I grew.....to make another batch of spaghetti sauce. It's kind of like a HappyUP!!! circle that keeps going. I know, "Nutster....it's just spag sauce." No...it was made from scratch by me for the first time from the tomatoes that I grew. You know when you watch those movies or a cooking show that have the old Italian making the homemade sauce? The sauce IS that much better...especially with fresh tomatoes. I called my brother. He's made his share of spag sauce in his time. He has never made spag sauce from scratch. My mom was a great cook. She always made her spag sauce from canned tomatoes and canned tomato paste. This spag sauce is quite a discovery.

No comments: