Monday, July 14, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 533.....




HappyUP!!!
- golf
Why it happened - I am on vacation
Why it makes me happy - I'm in Southeastern Oregon. Today, we played in the afternoon after the drive. It was in the low to mid 80's. Everyone here was sweltering....it was heaven to get out of the upper 90's/low 100's and all the smoke from the fires. I didn't score that well but I didn't hit many terrible shots...maybe 2. I kept the ball in play all day. The putting stroke is solid. My last shot of the day was a perfectly striped 4-iron with a draw. When you had been hitting blocks with your irons all day, the draw is a welcome sight.

HappyUP!!! - waking up early...naturally...no alarm clock
Why it happened - who knows
Why it makes me happy - more time to get some last minute things done. ...and, man, was I productive! I did more in a couple hours than I get done over two days at times. Vacation is a magical motivator.

HappyUP!!! - weather
Why it happened - it's God's deal
Why it makes me happy - I know....I know...I already talked about the weather but that was tucked into golf. It was just so gorgeous up here that it deserved it's own HappyUP!!!. When I tee off at 8:30 tomorrow morning, it is going to be totally perfect!


JollyJottings (the contenders)

Waking up really early
Getting a bunch of things done in the wee hours
Still meeting my travelling buddy on time
A pleasant 5.5 hr car ride
My friend's vacation home
Golf
E-mails were great today
A call from my friend
Deer


No comments: