Thursday, July 03, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 522 - A Great Day



As far as days go, this wasn't the tippy top - or even the tip top.

But it was darn good!

HappyUP!!! - a stock photograph sent to me
Why it happened - there is a proud aunt out there
Why it makes me happy - I don't know this little girl. I don't even really know her parents. Her grandparents are people I used to know. No, this is no family sentimental photo album time for me. How good is this photo? "Happiness"...."Innocence"...."All that is right"...."Oh Boy"......insert your caption. I am sure that I will use this picture in some fashion in the future. Plus, it was a bright spot on a sunny day

HappyUP!!! - an evening run
Why it happened - sheer willpower
Why it makes me happy - three days in a row....and I was too sore to go running. I really was. But, it wasn't an injury soreness. It was a "run through it" soreness. Though being sore and still a challenge, this was the easiest run of the first three. Plus, the Delta Breeze came in and made me soak in our regions natural evaporative cooler like the grass takes in the morning dew. It feels great to be alive.

HappyUP!!! - coffee with my best friend
Why it happened - he had the day off
Why it makes me happy - some would say that I blew three hours and six bucks at Starbucks. My buddy and I weren't solving any of the world's problems today. All I know is that, here we are, 35 yrs of friendship later and three hours passes like minutes.....and it's not like we haven't talked recently. It's a precious thing...that friendship thing. (PS...and he is off again Monday so I have a HappyUP!!! in the bag for then.

Bonus HappyUP!!! - visit from my nephew
Why it happened - he needed to drop something by
Why it makes me happy - love the nephew. PLUS.....I think I just found my middle of the day tennis buddy!


JollyJottings

A picture e-mailed
Coffee with my buddy
A trip to the fountains
A Mezzaluna
An e-mail from out of nowhere - SG
Talking with a former employee
E-mailing with a former employee
A lunch invitation for next week - MD
Seeing another friend while at coffee
A very light eating day
A Lovely evening breeze
Finishing another run
A golf invitation
A visit with my nephew
Starting and finishing a little project

No comments: