Wednesday, July 16, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 535....Wednesday is a Good Day!




As I keep trekking - through this blessed trip on the orb, I once again can't limit myself to just three HappyUP!!!s. It's impossible to choose one over another. I'm still on the road and kicking back which adds to the excitement.

HappyUP!!! - a gorgeous walk
Why it happened - on vacation and needed an after dinner stroll
Why it makes me happy - I wish I could describe the peacefulness that lies within this development that I am staying at. Some people like to go away and sight see....I like to go and "no see." Of course, there is a lot of nature to see here at the Running Y. I saw a deer and her two fawns while on the walk. We were right at the lake for a lake view. The temperature with the slight breeze and humidity were perfect. Being in nature WITHOUT camping around people is for me!

HappyUP!!! - golfing
Why it happened - we went to a different golf course
Why it makes me happy - it was an easy course but you can go for big numbers on easy courses if you aren't playing well. I scored pretty well. I striped a 5 iron within 10 ft of the pin and followed it up with a 4 iron within 10 ft on the very next hole. If you know golf, that is a neat trick. The golf course was right on the Klamath Lake so we got evaporative cooling all around the tract.

HappyUP!!! - invitation for golf
Why it happened - my friend likes me
Why it makes me happy - I no sooner get back in town from golfing.....and I will "have" to golf again. This time, it will be at another nice golf course in an invitational tournament. How sweet is that? Something to look forward to.

HappyUP!!! - the stock market was up 270 pts
Why it happened - the financial sector had some good news
Why it makes me happy - the poor bank and financial stocks have just been overly hammered this year. Yes, there have been issues that sector created. I worked in it for years. Some of the stocks have been unfairly over-pummeled. Wells Fargo stock alone was up 30+% today! It gained back over a month of losses in one day. Other financials had great gains as well. Nobody feels good when the stock market goes down...down...and down. It's negative ju-ju. A day like today renews faith for a bit...and that is a HappyUP!!!

JollyJottings

5 iron
4 iron
Driver
Scoring well
Invitation for golf
Golfing today
A third for golf tomorrow
A Blizzard
An afternoon on the deck
Dinner on the deck
A Great Day in the stock market
A great day for the bank stocks
A night full of sleep and dreams

No comments: