Saturday, July 26, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 545.....Spag Sauce



HappyUP!!! - Spag Sauce

Why it happened - I got ambitious?

Why it makes me happy - the tomatoes and basil were on the vine less than 1 hr before they were in the pot. This recipe is all about simplicity....and time. This is a full two hour simmer going on....tomatoes, basil, garlic, onions, and the Secret Ingredient all warmly comingling for nearly an eternity. Hey, two hours is a long time to simmer down. As I type, it has only gotten the wooden spoon test...and it is tasting good with an hour to go. When this little pot thickens up, it may be too good for me to eat. I may need to take it to friends! The big HappyUP!!! ? I have walked this orb for a long time.....and have never made spaghetti sauce from scratch. Another item to cross off the accomplishments list......is Everest next?

HappyUP!!! - the tomato visitor
Why it happened - this guy likes to make spag sauce
Why it makes me happy - I have more tomatoes than I can use....I really do. I love giving them away. A buddy called me and asked if he could stop by for some. I gave him some last week and he said, "I'm not sure if you know what you got going on there. Your tomatoes are very sweet...excellent for sauce." While I didn't get his particular recipe, he inspired me to get out the knife, start chopping, and get to simmering. If I was a drinker, I think watching the sauce simmer would be an excellent activity to wine taste to.

(NOTE TO SELF: must wear apron in kitchen)

HappyUP!!! - figsters
Why it happened - I gave them figs
Why it makes me happy - I saw my adopted parents today at brekko. I had dropped figs on their doorstep this week. They love them and want some more....and so does one of their sons. It's a good thing because I don't know that many fig lovers and I have the figs. Someone told me that figs are expensive. Mine turn brown and I am told that they are HUUUUUUGE! Anyway, I like giving people things.....especially when the things are expensive....and cost me nothing but a little effort, time, and thought.

JollyJottings

Fig receivers
Breakfast

No comments: