Monday, February 05, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 9


HappyUP!!! 1 - Arena Softball

Why it happened - I changed my lifestyle a ways back to add this to it

Why it made me happy - it was a close game 45-44.5 was the final score. I know...it doesn't sound like a baseball score. That's what makes arena softball exciting!!!

HappyUP 2 - Meeting in San Francisco

Why it Happened - work calls

Why it made me happy - NO TRAFFIC and the meeting ended about an hour EARLY. Those are two unheard of things when you go to the City by the Bay. I snatched that opportunity when the meeting ended. Not only was that great but I found a parking lot easily (not always the case down there). It was awesome. The meeting was held at a Branch Manager's office that isn't in our region so I got to visit with him...he's a friend..and a great host. I am glad I know him.

HappyUP 3 - the flooring is ordered!!!! ...and a new fireplace is in the cards

Why it happened - just keeping the remodel moving. Making decisions and sticking with them.

Why it made me happy - the old house had this funky woodstove insert. As I was going over the flooring measurements with my flooring guy, we saw that the insert would have to be taken out and put back in. Then, I asked him if he knew anyone that did mantle remodels. I have some old brick that has been painted. Not good. He shot me a website that had some ideas.......not meaning to show me the GAS fireplaces that were on the site. I am going to plumb for gas....put a fireplace in rather than the crappy old woodstove.....instant ambiance. The house is moving along. If you knew the indecision that had gone into this, you would realize what a HappyUP!!! this is. This is going to be one cozy pad!!!

No comments: