Wednesday, February 28, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 32...Getting it Done


HappyUP!!! 1 - I put a complicated offer letter together
Why Did it Happen - I gave myself a deadline
Why did it make me happy - because this needed to get done. I finally said that it has to happen today. There were plenty of things popping up and competing with this. I did those things too. I kept nibbling away. I was gathering necessary data. Finally, it all got put together. As is the case for many things, I was making too big a deal to get it right...when it just needed to get out there. I am glad it is off of my desk.

HappyUP!!! 2 - an invitation to meet with a valuable business associate
Why Did it Happen - he made it happen by e-mailing me.
Why did it make me happy - because we really needed to meet. Even though the meeting is probably on Friday, I will be prepared. As I was gathering data for HU 1 above, I was gathering data for this too. I was just taking data as it came in and putting it in the appropriate files between HU1 and 2. By tomorrow, I will be ready. It's looking good and my group is going to look good in this person's eyes.

HappyUP!!! 3 - reading Authentic Happiness
Why did it happen - I had the book with me as I grabbed some breakfast
Why it made me happy - I collected more data to feed into my HappyUP!!! seminar that I will be doing in March. The group I am hearing has heard a part of my talk before. I needed some fresh perspective and to be pointed to some fresh studies. I am going to have no problem filling the time.....it is the editing that is going to be rough.

No comments: