Wednesday, February 21, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 25


HappyUP!!! 1 - being in the presence of a great coach
Why it happened - I took the invite to be at an optional meeting
Why it made me happy - I learned. I evaluated where I am and have been as a leader...and where I need to go. It made me think of how my past errors were just tools to get to where I am today and how they have made me and can make me better

HappyUP!!! 2 - I saw David Crosby!
Why it happened - I stopped to check out a band on the way back to my room at the hotel
Why it made me happy - David Crosby has done a lot of things in his life that I would not recommend....but his music is poetry. I wouldn't wish to travel the road that he has....and the temptations that abounded. It was just kind of neat to be standing right next to him. It wasn't like I was a kid wanting an autograph. It was like he is just a guy like me.....who just made some different twists and turns. He's done some incredible things....on both ends of the "incredible" spectrum. ....and he was right next to me at that lounge. I don't know. It wasn't hero worship. It was something else...I'll get back to you when I figure it out.

HappyUP!!! 3 - a guy remembering something I said three years ago
Why it happened - the person in HappyUP!!! 1 and I talked
Why it made me happy - here is a guy that I have a lot of respect for. He is in the College Hockey Hall of Fame as the winningest coach ever. I had met him 3 years ago at a meeting. As soon as we reacquainted, he said, "I remember what you said about the zamboni." Yes, it was a humorous quote that I had long since forgotten but the statement also had some meaning. It reaffirmed that we all touch people everyday. The words you speak may be something that you carry for the rest of someone's life. You want to make them good ones.

1 comment:

paris parfait said...

I'd be happy to meet David Crosby too - and even more thrilled to know that someone remembered what I'd said three years before...Happy Up, Scott!