Friday, February 16, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 20....it's Friday


HappyUP!!! 1 - I found the gift cards
Why it happened - I put on the jacket I hadn't worn in a long time
Why it made me happy
- I had searched everywhere for these darn things. I had even checked the pocket of my leather jacket....but I hadn't put it on. When I put it on and reached in, voila! I found about $550 worth of potential merchandise. I had turned the house upside down for the last 30 days....well, the remodel already had it upside down. Perhaps I turned it right side up. Anyway, the real HappyUP!!! is that some department store isn't getting a free $550 that was spent and not had the cards redeemed. More HappyUP!!!'s to come because it is like I am spending the house's money....I had written these babies off!!!

HappyUP!!! 2 - got tough assignment off of my desk/chest
Why it happened - I got an opportunity to handle the issue
Why it made me happy - the reason for the task did not make me happy. While I didn't dread it, it was something that needed to be done....and had needed it for a couple of days. Those kinds of things eat at you. It is just good to get them done and over with.

HappyUP!!! 3 - had a wonderful interaction with one of my young employees
Why it happened - I took advantage of an opportunity. I was bold and seized the moment
Why it made me happy - the young employee needed to see "how it was done." I grabbed him and took him on a sales call with me. It was tremendous and totally spontaneous. It was awesome and out of sight. I know it will help him in his career. He is going to get business out of it....without a doubt. It is soooooo cool!!!

JollyJottings

-got a tough assignment off of my desk/chest
-met an employee for coffee
-made a phone call I had been putting off
-interviewed a great candidate
-had a wonderful interaction with a young employee
-found the gift cards
-was told that I was someone's HappyUP!!! today
-had a client do a real cool thing for my young employee
-the floors are done...the floors are done

No comments: