Tuesday, February 13, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 17


Another day that is testimony - HappyingUP!!! doesn't make your troubles going away. Whew!!! It just changes what you drop your anchor to.

There are people that deal with much more difficult issues - than I was confronting today. But, our own challenges, however small in comparison, are our challenges. This automatically will elevate them in the overall way we look at them. But, let's pay attention to the important stuff....the HappyUP!!!s

HappyUP!!! 1 - great Toastmaster meeting
Why it happened - it happens every Tuesday morning. It's a wired item in my calender
Why it made me happy - people pulled together despite members being absent. Our guest saw another great meeting. He's joining the club!!! We love the new people.

HappyUP!!! 2 - heading to bed early
Why it happened (or is about to happen) - big day tomorrow....I need a full night's sleep and an early rise.
Why it makes me happy - challenging, task full day tomorrow. I know that I am starting today to give it my best. I am taking care of myself to feel optimally in adversity.

HappyUP!!! 3 - good interview with a potential hire
Why it happened - one of my managers took my suggestion, followed up with a call, and produced what could be an ideal hire
Why it made me happy - it's always great when we have an opportunity to bring someone in that really wants to work. The candidate seems to be in the perfect part of her career to make for a good fit with us. We left with the candidate taking on an assignment to do some more research.

JollyJottings
-great Toastmaster meeting
-good, though brief sleep
-mocha
-handled tough situation
-found something out
-met with a Toastmaster guest
-had a good interview with a client
-got house moved around...flooring tomorrow
-delicious dinner
-another day
done with nagging situation
-got a great e-mail from a new friend
-going to bed early
-put solid plan together for busy day tomorrow

No comments: