Wednesday, August 13, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 563

HappyUP!!! - a stock coming back
Why it happened - who knows
Why it makes me happy - I was running late to get to the golf course this morning. I did a very quick check to find out one of my stocks was down 10%....$6 a share....at the opening today. Had I gotten up early, I was planning to try to sell it. I was extremely pleased to come back home and see it had gained $4 and only was down $2 for the day. It was like I made money while losing money.

HappyUP!!! - second 18
Why it happened - the guys I played with this morning wanted to go again
Why it makes me happy - I played the front nine in 36...even par. That is my best 9 on my home course by 3 shots. While I wilted in the heat on the back nine, I had a putt to break my best 18 hole score....drats! Just missed...that putt needed to break a little more! While not hitting it anywhere near the way that I want, it is good to get it around OK in the meantime.

HappyUP!!! - phone call from N
Why it happened - N was checking in
Why it makes me happy - this was one of my former co-workers. It's always great when he calls. He is still cranking along amidst the continued chaos.

JollyJottings

Two Birdies
Tied best score
Best nine hole score
Working on swing change
Call from N
Finishing golf today
My stock coming back

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mister Nutter,

How do you remain so calm in light of all the bizarreness in the world?

Anonymous said...

Dear Mister Nutter. Sorry, forgot to put my name on there. My name is Miss Durna Terr, or more completely, Miss Durska Tana Terr