Saturday, August 02, 2008

Do I have to?......Yes

(A special post for my friends over at Sunday Scribblings)

Nutster: "Do I have to?"

Nutster Dad: "Yes"

Nutster: "But, I don't want to"

Nutster Dad: "Son, there are many things that we don't want to do but we have to do them anyway."

...and so goes - one of the most important lessons that I ever learned in my life. I still draw upon that when something comes up that must be done when I would rather be doing something else.

"Do I have to cut the lawn this morning?" - nope! I'm going to go play golf. The lawn will still be there tomorrow. Hey, Dad taught a good lesson but an overachieving student knows how to refine the laws.

3 comments:

Granny Smith said...

I like your answer! But if you leave lawn-mowing to tomorrow, I think the answer tomorrow should be "yes".

Tumblewords: said...

LOL Eventually, the lawn will have to be...oh, well. Maybe not. If I don't water my lawn, it hardly needs mowed.

danni said...

bully for you! - love that attitude - for me it's like doing the laundry - nobody ever breaks in and steals dirty clothes, so if i don't feel like it today then i feel pretty safe about leaving it till tomorrow!!!