Sunday, August 03, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 553

Once again - the Nutster is going to go overboard and do more than 3 HappyUP!!!'s. What can I say? I spent the entire day at the golf course. The one HappyUP!!! I didn't include that I know is going to be one is that nice shower after 51 holes of golf that I am going to take a bit later tonight.

HappyUP!!! - 51 holes of golf
Why it happened - my friends love to golf
Why it makes me happy - it's a new record! I have played 45 in one day. Never have I played 51. 51 is kind of an odd number because we had to skip three holes to get in front of some slow groups. After that, the course was wide open.

HappyUP!!! - wide open golf
Why it happened - we were allowed to play through
Why it makes me happy - a couple of groups let my buddy and I through on the first 18 of the day. Pretty soon, we were practically the first people on the course. The second 18 saw two groups let us through that gave us an open patch. On the third 18, the "skip" put us in the clear. It's funny....I could have played more. I think it is the waiting around that is so tiring about playing golf. The more golf that you play, the more fun you can have....and that is a HappyUP!!!

HappyUP!!! - hybrid from the fairway bunker
Why it happened - I took a chance
Why it makes me happy - historically, I am a weak fairway bunker player. I didn't grow up with many of these at my home course. I am getting my swing back to where it should be....and applying some techniques that work with my more fundamentally sound swing. When you can start getting long clubs out of fairway bunkers like the hybrid and hit a green that is 200 yards away, that is a HappyUP!!! It's a rush

HappyUP!!! - golf pals
Why it happened - I was golfing
Why it makes me happy - my friend didn't know that I had joined his club. When I showed up, I think he thought I was inviting myself to his club. He was thrilled that I was there. Then, he invited a lady that was putting to join us on our second 18. She was nice and had some game...a new friend. She had to leave and then a mutual friend lady golfer joined us for the third 18. I hadn't seen her in forever. Finally, one of my friends who is a member joined us for the final 9. Lots of camaraderie out on the links today!



JollyJottings

Finding my golf pal
Hooking up with another golf pal
Meeting a new golf pal, L
Having yet another golf pal join us, M
Hybrid out of the sand trap
Other shots out of fairway sand traps
Solid chipping
Frying up some sweet peppers
Harvesting tomatoes

No comments: