Tuesday, August 12, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 562

HappyUP!!! - the afternoon game
Why it happened - my buddy put it together
Why it makes me happy - Dougy, Bos, and Wah are three guys that I really will always enjoy playing golf with. I didn't know Wah but the guy can play....and he is tiny! What the heck is my excuse? It was great to watch a guy sticking shots....2 gimme birdies, a short eagle putt made, and a two putt birdie on another par 5. He doesn't hit it much farther than me. I got no excuse....just a bunch of work to do.

HappyUP!!! - a perfect wedge at the perfect time
Why it happened - I was a wedge away
Why it makes me happy - I had a 100 yd wedge shot. I had no distance markers so I had to step it off. 75 yds to the green and then I estimated 25 more yards of green to cover. I went back and landed it a foot from the hole and then made the 7 foot putt.

HappyUP!!! - improvement in form
Why it happened - I hit balls
Why it makes me happy - I hadn't hit any pure irons for days. I realized that my posture at address was wrong. It was an uncomfortable change. It usually means some really bad shots as you deal with the discomfort of the change. While I didn't hit it perfectly by any means, I like the new position and I am getting some distance back. Now, I just need to work on alignment! Ugh.......golf!

No comments: