Thursday, August 07, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 557

HappyUP!!! - finding my cell phone
Why it happened - I thought I lost it
Why it makes me happy - it's a bad feeling when you are at the golf course, know you have you ear piece but can't find your phone. I never forget my phone so I wasn't so sure it would just be sitting out there back at the homestead. Yet, when I got home and went upstairs, there it was! You know that momentary feeling when you find something valuable? I just got it again as I typed this.

HappyUP!!! - golfing with my old friend
Why it happened - I inserted myself in his group
Why it makes me happy - I had totally lost track with this guy. He had moved to Utah years ago. I knew he was back in town but I didn't know that he was golfing. We enjoyed the bad golf so much that we are playing at 7 tomorrow morning again.

HappyUP!!! - a solid round in the afternoon
Why it happened - my other friend was coming out in the afternoon
Why it makes me happy - this guy is better than I am. He hits it more solidly....and farther. I MAY have him by a bit in the short game. A scratch golfer would shoot about 75 on average on my course. My friend had a 78 and I had an 80. His round was a lot prettier than mine but I have always been a scrappy golfer. We're probably going to tee it up and resume our competition on Saturday.

JollyJottings

Golfing with an old friend
Birdieing a hole that I hadn't
Shooting a good round in the afternoon
Meeting a couple of great guys
Talking with my friend, P
Beating the Dow
Finding my cell phone

No comments: