Wednesday, June 11, 2008

HappyUP!!!....Squash-IT-UP!!!


You've seen this before - it's a new picture of the same thing.

The little known 8-ball zucchini's are in - and being harvested out back in Nutster Farms

Guaranteed to be Salmonella Free - OK...it is not a guarantee but I really don't think there is any in there. The innards were sauteed....the shells were par-boiled... and the entire mess was thrown into a 350 degree oven.

So, what is in this year's bowls - you gut the 8-ball. You chop the guts up. I chopped some yellow squash in too. I chopped fresh Nutster Farms Basil in. Garlic as well. You throw in a little (a little) corn-starch in as well as some freshly cooked rice (NO....I did NOT cheat and use the minute rice. Long, grain brown). These will absorb the liquid. For grins, I tossed some frozen corn in.....why not?

Bake at 350 for a 20 minutes - but throw some grated cheese...in this case, freshly grated Parmesan....for the last 5 of those 20 minutes.

I'll probably dress up - with some black olives on top when I do the reheat.

Welcome to your meal!

No comments: