Wednesday, June 11, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 500.......FIVE HUNDRED!!!

You made it! - I made it! We made it! This was a 30 day experiment.....that has turned into a habit...a good one. Here are a few things that I know based on 500 days:

Almost every day - I get up and am thinking, "I'll be looking for HappyUP!!!s today."

I enjoy the things that make me happy more - because, I enjoy them like I would have before PLUS I immediately think, "that's a HappyUP!!!" It enhances the value

I notice more things that make me happy

When I have trouble thinking of three HappyUP!!!s - at the end of the day before going to bed, I think, "tomorrow, I need to look a little harder. I know there are things out there everyday. I may be slipping a bit."

Enough for now - let's get to today's HappyUP!!!s"

HappyUP!!! - finding the Jawbone
Why it happened - I looked
Why it makes me happy - I "moneyed up" a few weeks ago and got the Jawbone bluetooth device for my cell phone. This is in prep for the California hands free law that goes into place next month (a rather ridiculous law....if you can't hold a phone to your ear, you shouldn't be eating a burger and/or drinking a coke while applying makeup either....it's the dialing that is the risk). Anyway, the Jawbone is the first bluetooth that really works. I lost it...like I lost others that I tried. I had just about given up when, "Eureka!!!",........the HappyUP!!! moment

HappyUP!!! - nice coffee
Why it happened - retired people go out for coffee
Why it makes me happy - I just had a very nice conversation with a friend that I don't usually have coffee with.

HappyUP!!! - squash bowls
Why it happened - I decided to make some
Why it makes me happy - I used zucchini, onions, and basil from the garden....and turned it into a nice little meal.

JollyJottings

Call from an ex-employee
Squash
Nice coffee
Call from another ex-employee
Chipping
Finding the Jawbone

No comments: