Thursday, June 26, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 515

HappyUP!!! - a trip to the dump
Why it happened - I had a load on
Why it made me happy - no issues on the drive there. The load stayed covered despite some suspect tying down. The line was non existent. I also live in a place where the dumping is luxurious. I even had a nice conversation with the hispanic gentleman who assisted me at the dump. He gave me a couple of touches on the forearm thanking me for my concern about his well being.

HappyUP!!! - recognition
Why it happened - my buddy noticed the favor I did yesterday
Why it made me happy - I really didn't need to be thanked. It was good to know that he realized that there was one less task he needed to do. It's nice to take something off another guy's plate

HappyUP!!! - a chance to be of service
Why it happened - I got a phone call
Why it made me happy - I get to lay sod tomorrow. OK....laying sod isn't my favorite thing to do but I have done it before. I wish I had gotten some help sooner in the day when I laid mine. Tomorrow's job won't be as big a job, there will be more people, and it will be considerably under 100 degrees. I'll also get a little bit of a badly needed workout.

No comments: