Tuesday, September 25, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 241....Bakersfield Day 1


OK....I am in Bakersfield - where I work during the day and then head back to the hotel room. It's a pretty limited world to find HappyUP!!!'s, right?

Yes.....you are right! - sure, I could go out and try to "find" some or "create" some but that isn't what HappyUP!!! is all about. It is part of it sometimes but the bigger point is seeing what goes right and noticing what makes you happy

HappyUP!!! - doing a good job
Why it happened - I am doing training for new people
Why it makes me happy - I think that training is part entertaining. You want to get the information across. How do you get it across where it may be inspiring? I won't see many of these people again. I won't get to monitor their progress. All I can leave them with is "that one thing." What is that? This occurs years later when they have gone on to be successful and they say to someone, "you know, years ago there was this guy in Bakersfield....I don't even remember his name. He said.........." ".....and it made the difference."

HappyUP!!! - the people
Why it happened - they had to be here
Why it makes me happy - this is a good group of individuals. They are engaged and happy to be here. They are involved and playing along....and learning.

HappyUP!!! - catching up on e-mail
Why it happened - I have some time while the other's train
Why it makes me happy - I really can't use the phone that much so I can at least get on top of my in box while I am here. It is one less thing to worry about.

No comments: