Saturday, September 22, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 238

HappyUP!!! - Saturday breakfast
Why it happened - it's a tradition with my friend's family
Why it makes me happy - my friend has been missing the last couple of weeks. It was good to see him.

HappyUP!!! - a chance tuning into a piece of talk radio
Why it happened - who knows.....no such things as coincedences
Why it makes me happy - I had flipped on the car stereo. For whatever reason, it was on A.M. which I rarely listen to. The host was talking to a gentleman who used to be a pool contractor but now goes to underprivileged parts of the world and has a way to help them create drinkable water. The ex-contractor talked about the joys of the women in little towns in the Phillipines who have a good time sweeping dirt floors. He said, "they were a lot happier than the rich folks that I was putting pools in for." The host went on to ask him if he was happier now. The man didn't hesitate, "my stress is gone dealing with those unhappy people. Now, I deal with happy people and I am helping them."

NOTE: research has clearly proven that, in a civilized situation, once people get beyond the level of about 50k in income, there is relatively no difference in the happiness level of the 50k people and the 100-150-200k people.

HappyUP!!! - playing some electric guitar
Why it happened - it was Saturday
Why it makes me happy - I don't think the neighbors can hear me during the day when I turn the amp up just a touch. I usually only run my amp at about "1" out of a possible "10." It's a pretty powerful amp. I like to be respectful to the neighborhood. The issue is that "1" doesn't "drive" the amp hard enough to give it the sound I want. When I got it to "2" today, I was playing some basic stuff but it was sounding good...better than the past. No, I am no guitar hero...but I like playing better while I am having my fun.

No comments: