Sunday, September 09, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 225


HappyUP!!! - concert for dad
Why it happened - the Randies were in town
Why it made me happy - the girls went into my ailing father's room and did an acoustic performance of an old REO Speedwagon tune. I stayed in the living room because I would have been a distraction for him. He would have felt like he had to act a certain way to maintain his demeanor. I understand that he was waving his hands like a conductor. He really enjoyed the show. At this point in his life, anything that makes him happy makes me happy.

HappyUP!!! - dinner and the rotisserie
Why it happened - sis in law was making the big dinner for the brood
Why it made me happy - when you have a Sunday dinner for about 12 people who are all family-like connected, it can't be anything but a good time. Well, I guess it can if your family has a penchant for that. No issues on this occasion.

HappyUP!!! - easy truck repair
Why it happened - I needed a new battery
Why it made me happy - I know....it was just a battery. However, when I get under the hood, something else usually breaks. It was more of a pain to take it somewhere, wait, and get it done than just to head down to the Kragen and get it done. While I even made one bonehead move, no serious damage caused and I am rolling again!

JollyJottings

Rotissirie
Work info
Show tomorrow night
Concert for Dad
Football up and running
Weather...sleeping upstairs
Info for home improvement
Easy truck repair
Time with Joel and the Randies

No comments: