Saturday, September 08, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 224




HappyUP!!! - I met the Randies
Why it happened - they are staying at my brother ans sis-in-laws house
Why it makes me happy -they seem, at first blush, like as nice enough of a group of young people as you are going to find. I was going to throw in "for band types" but no classification was needed. The Randies now feature my sis-in-laws son on drums (not pictured on the last album cover). It also made me happy to be around musicians out chasing the dream and doing what they want to do....keeping those peculiar hours...staying in weird places. It's an adventure and, from what I can tell, they are kicking some tail. The Randies






HappyUP!!! - trail riding on the mountain bike
Why it happened - I got an invitation
Why it makes me happy - what a hoot! It was actually a touch scary...especially putting my head into a tree. I knew there was a reason I wore that helmet. "Hey, you want to go for a trail ride. What? No...no...it's not technical at all." It was like riding my bike when I was a kid....except I don't recall thinking about eating it and how long the healing time would be when I was a lad.







HappyUP!!! - seeing Folsom Lake/Pond
Why it happened - I went on that trail ride
Why it makes me happy - it was an interesting site. Granted, it's not pretty. It's how it gets this time of year. This is where we get our drinking water from. During the winter, all that beach will cover over with water....well, at least that is the plan. I hadn't been out to the lake this year so it was good to see what was there.

No comments: