Sunday, September 23, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 239

HappyUP!!! - birthday breakfast
Why it happened - my second family celebrates these kinds of things...a sis-in-law's birthday
Why it made me happy - it was just fun being together breaking bread in the house. The food was tremendous. Oh.....was it ever! Good fellowship. Plus, the cards were pretty darn funny!

HappyUP!!! - property tax bill
Why it happened - I looked at my mail from yesterday
Why it makes me happy - I bought my house from my father. He bought the home in 1973. This was before proposition 13 was passed in California. Long story short, I get his tax base. This is pretty cool. My taxes for the year are less than most people's monthly taxes. When the bill comes in the mail, it makes me happy living in my bungalow.

HappyUP!!! - a clean desk at work
Why it happened - I am heading to Bakersfield and I needed to shape things up
Why it makes me happy - I am not a clean desk guy. When I do have one, it makes me feel good. I am really going to feel good later in the week when I return....I was happy today when I popped in and did some tidying up before leavingl

No comments: