Wednesday, September 19, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 235......Wed and first rain


HappyUP!!! - thunderstorms in September
Why it happened - it really shouldn't
Why it makes me happy - it's been a while since we have seen rain here in Sacramento. We usually get a smattering toward the end of Oct, maybe a bit in November, some in December, and then we hit the rainy season. We are having thunderstorms as we speak. Thunderstorms excite me. First rain excites me. Having things happen out of sequence (that aren't disasters) and that really shouldn't excites me.

HappyUP!!! - lunch with a young friend
Why it happened - he insisted
Why it makes me happy - he is in my industry. He is a sponge. He has some good values and was looking for some advice and guidance. I contrast with some of my employees....this guy seeks the advice of people that have been successful in the business. He will take some of the things we talked about to the marketplace.

HappyUP!!! - motivational books
Why it happened - I went down into the basement looking for a different book
Why it makes me happy - I found some motivational classsics amongst my boxes of books. I drug a couple of them out to keep by my bed. These are easy reads and books you can just read a couple of lines from. In an instant, they can change your state taking you from good to great. Even when you are someone that can stay upbeat, you slip a bit sometimes. These types of readings can get you back on game....even if it is only for a few minutes. Hey, they beat the heck out of consuming OJ news!

No comments: