Wednesday, August 01, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 187

HappyUP!!! - roadwork
Why it happened - I got myself out there at 5:20 a.m. to run
Why it made me happy - running first thing in the morning is not my favorite thing. The fact that I knew it would be rough but I still put in 2 miles to start off August makes me happy. I may have been a distance runner at one point in my life but I haven't run at all lately. This was a big step...
which will probably be followed up with soreness tomorrow!

HappyUP!!! - first day of a 9 day cleanse/diet
Why it happened - a friend turned me on to it
Why it made me happy - I don't think I have ever formally committed to a diet. Sure, I have some excellent meal replacement shakes but I have never done an actual program. Day 1 was rough. It wasn't far from a fast. But, here I am, still alive and heading off to bed!

HappyUP!!! - nice conversation with a on again/off again friend
Why it happened - I happen to run into him
Why it made me happy - this person runs hot and cold with me so I don't invest much in the friendship. Today, he was on and we had a nice exchange.

No comments: