Saturday, August 11, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 197 - The Good Life

How can you beat a day - that starts with helping your ailing father, picking some homegrown vegetables and fruit, heading over to some friends for a family brunch by the pool, heading to Sac town to do some shopping around some bike stores, going for a bike ride, watching some PGA Championship, riding a little more bike, etc? The hits just kept coming in.

HappyUP!!! - birthday brunch by the pool
Why it happened - some friends had birthdays
Why it made me happy - gorgeous backyard...nice lite food....coffee....company like family. Enough said.

HappyUP!!! - a bike ride
Why it happened - I got my cycling computer fixed...had to try it out
Why it made me happy - I didn't take it very far but it felt like the old days....mph, cadence, distance travelled, etc. It was like I was in training. Who knows...that could be next.

HappyUP!!! - fixing that bike computer
Why it happened - I went and bought new batteries
Why it made me happy - electronically, I have a few skills. I am not expert but I am not a klutz either. Due to a lack of patience in this are, I would have to say that I am a hair on the klutz side. I have an old bike computer that had been idle for a long time. It needed new batteries....and new calibration. The thing is 20+ years old...those instructions are LONG gone. Fortunately, the good people at Cateye have all of their old manuals on line. I found my model, downloaded, actually followed instructions, and old dependable was working like a champ. The HappyUP!!! was for how easy it was to get it working again.

No comments: