Thursday, August 09, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 195 - Long Day at Work

Nope, the title above is not an oxymoron - if you put in a good, long day once in awhile, it should be a cause of happiness

HappyUP!!! - branch manager meeting
Why it happened - I do it monthly
Why it makes me happy - it is great to get the peers that report to me together all in one place one day a month. Today, we got a cameo from the regional manager (my boss) so that was good. On top of that, my staff and I put together a solid day long event.

HappyUP!!! - an interview
Why it happened - we are growing
Why it makes me happy - I met a guy, had a nice conversation, and maybe we'll pick up a guy with some potential

HappyUP!!! - got an HR situation handled
Why it happened - stuff comes up when you run an organization
Why it makes me happy - it's not always fun stuff but it is done and it worked out fine

No comments: