Thursday, August 16, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 202.....the Ocean

Day one begins of my working/pleasure trip - and what fulfilling day it was. A great day. An over the top day of joyful experiences and things to notice. The top 3 for HappyUP!!!s will need to be picked at random because they were so plentiful and superb that few stand out above the rest

HappyUP!!! -seeing the Ocean
Why it happened - I had a meeting to go to on the coast
Why it makes me happy - have you ever taken a drive, gone through miscellaneous terrain, and then...BOOM...there it is: the Ocean! It's that first view. It's those initial seconds. I love that

HappyUP!!!-Extreme Hummer Ride
Why it happened - it was our scheduled activity
Why it makes me happy - have you ever ridden with 5 coworkers in an open top Hummer with a trained driver going for it over the sand dunes on a gorgeous day by the ocean? If not, you won't get what I am talking about. It was crazy. Sand flying everywhere. The wind blowing. Racing straight up sand dunes that are like mountains, making a 90 degree turn at speed, riding perpendicular to the face of the hill with the hummer sliding sideways, while you are going, "why isn't this thing tipping over?" Exhiliration

HappyUP!!! - pool time with my peep's
Why it happened - we needed to get the sand off of us after that hummer ride
Why it makes me happy - the sun and wind combination was perfect. There was no where on this planet that had a better combination for laying there and enjoying the sun. It was a sensory experience that you only get a few times a lifetime (well, unless you live in a really ideal spot and lay in the sun a lot).

JollyJottings

Vc Mail from a close friend
Recruit's return call
Another recruit's return call
Yet another recruit's return call
A recruiter found another great prospect
A possible favor/accomodation
My company
Time with my boss in the hummer
Dinner out on the wharf
Peach cobbler (oops....diet deviation)
Stocks were up!!!
Nice resort I am staying at
A golfing invitation

No comments: