Tuesday, July 31, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 186


HappyUP!!! - Downtown Tuesday Night
Why it happened - it's every Tuesday night in the summer
Why it made me happy - I finally went down there after not having been in a few years. At least I earned the right to say, "I haven't missed much!"

<-------Why on earth do people do this to old trucks/cars? I don't get "car people." There must have been 100 cars on display. I am not talking gleaming either. Just old. These "car people" go show to show, park their cars on hot pavement, pull up a lawn chair, and sweat. Hey, to each his own....I don't get it! (and I get a lot of stuff)

HappyUP!!! - my car
Why it happened - I was able to avoid an accident, be courteous, and stay cool
Why it made me happy - a guy in a big construction type truck made a last...and I mean very last...minute decision to use the off ramp of the freeway. I had been following him in the right lane. I pulled off into the exit lane....he didn't. At the very last moment, he came over, saw me, kind of went back on the freeway, realized he was going to have to go to the next exit and turn the big rig around, and then came back off the freeway. Unlike a lot of drivers, when he made the first pull over in front of me (before he double clutched), I hit the Carrera brakes aggressively. The car behaved pefectly. At that point, I laid back and practically begged him (in a nice way) to , "come on, man, take it. I'm helping you out." So, when I got to the stop sign and was next to him, I was feeling like one nice guy which put me in a good mood. Another choice would have been to take the, "you are a flippin idiot" route and elevate my blood pressure. I have to admit it...I, and my car, behaved awesomely.

HappyUP!!! - lunch
Why it happened - my friend/client and I made it happen
Why it made me happy - we talk on the phone and exchange e-mails but we hadn't seen each other in a year. We met at Lemon Grass in Sacramento for some super tasty Thai food. I had heard of this restaurant but hadn't ever had a chance to eat there. The company and the cuisine were superb. Friendship deepened...palates satiated....that's a Number 1 HappyUP!!! combo anyday

No comments: