Friday, August 31, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 216

HappyUP!!! - a lazy morning
Why it happened - I put in a long hard work day yesterday
Why it made me happy - I laugh when I hear "9-5." I don't have an "established time" that I go to work or leave work...I'm in management. I can say that going in at 9 is a rarity. I took my time this morning...did a little casual watering...I caught the President's speech. Yes, I have a lot to do at work....but some days, though rare, it's good to give yourself the gift of time.

HappyUP!!! - handling a tense situation
Why it happened - we are trying to get some big rules changed
Why it made me happy - I had to help get some people back oan task. It takes a cool head, ears that really listen, and a degree of understanding where the people are. It was a good piece of work.

HappyUP!!! - a car admirer
Why it happened - I was getting gas
Why it made me happy - the person pumping petrol next to me how I liked my car. He told me how he wants to get one. I helped him get closer to his dream. Now, truth be known, any car including my own isn't that exciting to me....but I am an aberration. I could have told him, "it was OK," but that would detract from his ride here on the orb. I felt good after the fill up.

No comments: