Friday, August 17, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 203

HappyUP!!! - a morning walk on the beach
Why it happened - I got up and went
Why it makes me happy - I was the only one there. The sound of the waves lapping up on the sand. The smell of the salt. Even the pungent aroma of the seaweed up on the shore. Waves breaking in rhythm is the ultimate white noise.

HappyUP!!! - an unexpected golf invitation
Why it happened - I ran across a co-worker in the lobby of the hotel
Why it made me happy - this guy is a local. His house is in a gated community that had a nice golf course. I was in the lobby of the hotel on my way out to play some golf. He said, "hey, let's go play at my place!" It was cool. The golf course had some great greens. It was in awesome condition. I got to get some time in with a business contact. The weather was awesome as well.

HappyUP!!! - breakfast with a friend
Why it happened - we were both hanging out at the hotel
Why it made me happy - conversation. This is a common HappyUP!!! I have known this co-worker for years but we don't get a chance to talk very often. Today, I learned about his grandfather's immigration from China. Very interesting stuff!

No comments: