Wednesday, July 11, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 166

HappyUP!!! - an entertaining speech
Why it happened - I visited a different Toastmaster Club
Why it made me happy - the club had a guest speaker. The gentleman was 88 years old...same as my dad. He told about his experiences as a public speaker. He definitely caught a lot of breaks along the way...but he was in the position to receive and take advantage of them. He had great stories and a message. "I don't get it. People think that the big house and the big SUV is going to make them happy. When you think of yourself, you will never be happy. You gain happiness by helping others." He also rescued JFK in WW2 when JFK was just Jack Kennedy. He married Jackie Kennedy's interior decorator's daughter. He definitely had an interesting life and some great stories, good speaking tips and a nice message. Still bringing it at 88.....a HappyUP!!!

HappyUP!!! - training call
Why it happened - I jumped on it
Why it made me happy - I was supposed to take this call next week. Getting it done this week preps me for a meeting tomorrow and puts me ahead

HappyUP!!! - a great recruiting call
Why it happened - I was taking advantage of an opportunity
Why it made me happy - the recruit was so happy that I called. She was purely excited...I could feel it through the phone. This is going to be an excellent hire.

No comments: