Tuesday, July 03, 2007

QuoteUP!!! 1....Bhavagad Gita

"Man is made by his beliefs. As he believes, so is he."

- The Bhavagad Gita

I love quotes - always have. Long before they were used as much as they are today as sidebar fillers in whatever non-fiction book you read, I would jot them on an index card and file them away.

Eventually - this system gave way to keeping a piece of cardstock in a book as my bookmark. When I come across something good, I make a notation as to the page number and the quote itself.

Today - I introduce QuoteUP!!! as an adjunct to the regular HappyUP!!! faire. In most cases, I will actually be taking that quote and breaking it down a little further than a reader may do at first blush.

Of course- I am not the utmost authority so you are free to comment in as you wish.

Today's quote - is such a laydown, however, and the basis for modern rehash (i.e. The Secret) that it stands alone in it's simplicity.

James Allen wrote - "As A Man Thinketh" devoted to this very topic

Napoleon Hill's classic - "whatever a man can conceive and believe, he can achieve"

Was the original source - the Bhavagad Gita? Most likely not but it does date back to somewhere between the 5th and 2nd centuries B.C. so it's in the running for one of the first philosophies that recorded this precious piece of wisdom.

QUESTION: if a man (or woman) is who they believe, who do you REALLY believe you are today?


No comments: