Sunday, July 01, 2007

HappyUP!!! JollyJottings revisited...


Every so often - I like to remind everyone of what is trying to be accomplished here. It is to get you, my faithful readers, to consider adding some HappyUP!!! to your life.

The project - is based on scientific work of Martin Seligman from the University of Pennsylvania.

It's easy - every night, list three things that made you happy, why you think they happened, and why they made you happy.

It's not a nightly doctoral dissertation - as you can tell by my postings. Sometime, you go long and sometimes you go short. The key is to always go.

The biggest objection I hear - "I can't think of anything for that day."

Two observations - 1) you aren't looking hard enough. These don't have to be life changing things. These are, quite often, the things that you have trivialized and overlooked. Look at some of my postings as an example. If a pretty flower gives you a moment of happiness, capture it and make it more than a moment....and relive it that night. 2) you aren't capturing as you go. It only takes a second to write it down. Carry a small journal or notebook with you wherever you go and make........

...A JollyJotting


Here is what I have going so far today - and today has been a fairly blase' day. When I get a day when I am out and about and really focused on capturing HappyUP!!!s, look out! I am dangerous.


Good night's sleep
Weigh in
QuoteUP
Cork in a bottle trick
Roger VanOech comment on my blog
Some good postings
Putting some tasty ingredients together in the kitchen
A new book that I started late last night
Emptied the dishwasher at my brother and sister's house without them knowing it


None of the above mean anything to you - and they aren't supposed to! They are MY HappyUP!!!'s and I am the only person that I need to please. Even when I do things for others, I am really doing it because I want to. We all do. If you are looking for praise, you aren't giving....you are conducting a transaction.

JollyJottings are all about - things that give you moments of happiness, joy, ecstasy, whatever.

No comments: