Sunday, July 08, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 163

HappyUP!!! - momentary/permanent/good-for-awhile inspiration
Why it happened - I decided to make it happen....not sure what the trigger was
Why it made me happy - I just decided tonight to get some things done. I got caught in the TV spider web today. It's easy to do in Sacramento when it's 100 degrees outside.

Anyway, I started the day with some "Breakfast at Wimbledon." I try not to be a sports junkie but I do dig the major sporting events...especially individual sports. Today was the "Gentleman's Finals" as they call them at Center Court. The lawnmower, Roger Federrer, put down Rafael Nadal to garner his 5th consecutive championship on the English grass. It was an awesome match. It may even go down as the best matches ever played at Wimbledon. Anyway, from there, the Senior US Open Men's Golf Championship was on. You know I dig my golf majors. Now, had I really had something pressing to do, I would have done it. I did want to see if Tom Watson could pull through and win another major. Poor Tom...what a back nine.

Despite the distractions, I hit on some mental thoughts that should serve me well to kick some butt and get some things done this week.

HappyUP!!! - chat with a friend
Why it happened - I made a call
Why it made me happy - it's always good to have an excellent conversation.

HappyUP!!! - more pickings
Why it happened - the crops won't wait
Why it made me happy - the hot sun is doing a job on those tomatoes. I am going to get more yield than I thought. I did discover some crop loss, however, to the dreaded tomato worm. Hmmm....it's not destroying my entire crop but I may have to do some research to see if there is anything organically I can do about this particular little pest. I also had my second melon present itself to me today. That's breakfast tomorrow!

No comments: