Wednesday, October 14, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 991

HappyUP!!! - Dow Jones 10,000
Why it happened - who knows...it's the stock market
Why it makes me happy - the market is up 53% off it's March lows. While 10k is just an arbitrary number, there are many people who see this as permission to look at their 401k's again. We need healthy 401k's to keep some pressure off of Social Security.

HappyUP!!! - intense rain
Why it happened - tail end of the typhoon
Why it makes me happy - I am amazed when it rains so hard that you can't even see across your street. We have been in drought conditions for a few years....hopefully some of the recent rains will be stored. The idea of being able to drink and use water makes me happy......but so does that sight of near white out from my window

HappyUP!!! - drainage issues fixed
Why it happened - I was home
Why it makes me happy - if I wasn't retired, I would have been at work today. I would not have seen what was going on with my downspouts....and the way my yard drains. I was able to go out in the wet and get things fixed.....no flooding basement for me. HappyUP!!!

JollyJottings

Intense rain
Doing some grading
Reading
Making discoveries
Stock market

No comments: