Thursday, October 08, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 985

HappyUP!!! - Old Greenwood
Why it happened - a buddy had some passes
Why it makes me happy - golf in the Truckee/Tahoe area....on a brilliant weather day....on a great golf course in excellent shape.......THAT is about as good as it gets

HappyUP!!! - an eagle
Why it happened - I hit a perfect 117 yd approach wedge
Why it makes me happy - I hadn't had an eagle on a par 4 since earlier this year. When I hit the wedge, it was dead at it to a tough back right pin location. I didn't see it go in so it was kind of neat to walk up, not find my ball, think "could it be", sneak up to the hole to take a peek, and see a ball in the jar

HappyUP!!! - finding my phone
Why it happened - we kept searching
Why it makes me happy - took off on the road trip...thought I had left phone at home when I didn't have it with me. When we got home, I took a pass through the house...no find. We went back out to my buddy's car...dialed me up....and located it waaaaaay under the seat. Hey, I didn't want to replace that iPhone already!

HappyUP!!! - basking in the sun
Why it happened - we took a moment
Why it makes me happy - Old Greenwood has a primo outdoor setting overlooking the 18th hole. We had ourselves a beverage as the beautiful Tahoe sun beat down on us in upper 60's weather. Nice music playing....hanging with my friends.....moments in life just don't get better than that.

HappyUP!!! - birdie
Why it happened - I hit a bomb drive, great wedge, and a nice putt
Why it makes me happy - I had played some good holes....and some bad ones....it was nice to put a great hole together toward the days end.

JollyJottings

Finding my phone
Brekko
Old Greenwood
Free golf
Eagle
Birdie
Hanging out after golf
Text from a buddy
Phone call from another friend

No comments: