Friday, October 30, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 1007

HappyUP!!! - very solid round of golf
Why it happened - I was swinging very well
Why it makes me happy - it's been awhile since I saw this level of potential poke through. 73 from the gold tees at my place is pretty good shooting.....especially with a penalty stroke, a 3 putt from 14 feet, and missing two very, very short birdie putts.

HappyUP!!! - the driver on 8, 17, and 18
Why it happened - I had worked on a drill on the range
Why it makes me happy - I'm usually the short hitter in my group....by a considerable distance...especially when I mishit the ball. Today, I was with or past my pals.....especially that bomb that went off on number 8. It's a heck of a lot easier game when you have shorter irons into the holes.

HappyUP!!! - Toastmastering the speech contest
Why it happened - I was asked to do it
Why it makes me happy - I put some thought into the job....many don't and I don't know why. These contests can have some dull moments and I think that I helped be a little spice to the sauce.

HappyUP!!! - getting into the Merchant of Menace's pocket
Why it happened - (see shot 73 above)
Why it makes me happy - this guy has owned me over the last couple of months. He paid back a nice part of the dough I "loaned" him this year.

JollyJottings

Breathtaking weather
MC-ing the Division speech contest
73
Stuffing some wedges
Driver on 8......17.....18
Two putt on 16
TM Speech Contest

No comments: