Sunday, October 25, 2009

HappyUP!!! - Day 1002

HappyUP!!! - being able to golf
Why it happened - who knows
Why it makes me happy - that was one aggressive massage yesterday....I wasn't sure what today would be like but I was OK. It may be one of those delay things....the second day is the sore one. I'll let you know. In the meantime, I was happy to be able to swing it today.

HappyUP!!! - visiting with a buddy
Why it happened - my bud needed a favor
Why it makes me happy - always great to lend a hand and get to do some visiting

HappyUP!!! - ripping out the cup
Why it happened - I hit the shot
Why it makes me happy - second hole at 8:15....it's a little cold....147 to the pin with a slight wind against. My buddies said, "sure, hit the 8 iron...you'll come up a bit short but it is better than being long." I proceeded to land the ball into the side of the cup, ripping the hole apart! Gimmie birdie....partners silenced....hole won....HappyUP!!!

HappyUP!!! - wedge on 6
Why it happened - I was at a good distance
Why it makes me happy - 83 yards from the pin.....60 degree wedge....struck perfectly....to about a foot from the hole....gimmie birdie

HappyUP!!! - bogey on 18
Why it happened - I was scrambling
Why it makes me happy - with the dough on the line, my three wood off the tee was a dead pull left into the pond. After a drop, I was only 300 yards from the green. Damn! I loaded up the three wood....a gutsy play considering the terrain. I nailed it...put it in a good spot....had 65 yards to the pin.....hit it to the backstop and brought it back to 3.5 feet....made the putt, tied my opponent, made 5 bucks on the day versus losing 25. HappyUP!!!

No comments: