Friday, October 23, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 1000

I can't even believe it - I started this odyssey to support my speaking engagements around the Science and Principles of Happiness

Just wanted to let people know - I walked the talk

Experts in the field - have said that, if you do what I have been doing too many days in a row, it becomes monotonous and loses it's purpose

I understand....perhaps nobody in the world can understand better - about what they were talking about....

But I took it beyond what they referenced - and reached the other side of complexity.....to the simplicity on the other side...

Look for my Reflections on One Thousand Days of HappyUP!!!s next week - in the meantime, let's look at this day.....

HappyUP!!! - getting up and down on 18
Why it happened - I made it happen under pressure
Why it makes me happy - it was a tough little pitch shot....and a pressure packed 5 foot putt on the last hole........and I saved myself some serious do-reigh-me. Accomplishment....performing under the gun....HappyUP!!!

HappyUP!!! - our club winning the Smedley Award
Why it happened - we are on the grow
Why it makes me happy - there were only TWO clubs in the entire District.....DISTRICT....that got this award....and we were one of them. Booyah!

HappyUP!!! - confirming plans for tomorrow night
Why it happened - my buddy is playing some music
Why it makes me happy - I am grabbing an old buddy and will be dragging that person up to Auburn to see my friend's band play at a dive bar. It's a little out of my character but am looking forward to it.

HappyUP!!! - dinner outside
Why it happened - a buddy suggested Suede Blue
Why it makes me happy - this place used to be Carvers. I did a loan for the bartender when this place opened. It finally changed ownership umpteen years later. This was my first trip there since. We ate outside which was awesome....more awesome was the singer/guitar player doing Dave Matthews and Jack Johnson tunes on an absolutely perfect night to be consuming a delicious meal under the stars.

JollyJottings

Winning the Smedley Award
Earning the Early Bird reward
Lovely e-mails with an old friend
Squared away for tomorrow's presentation
Absolutely STUNNING weater
Fun texts with my friend in Monterey
Confirming plans to see my buddy play tomorrow night
Dinner with a good buddy
Making a 30 dollar putt on 18...getting up and down
Having fun teasing a friend about tonights high school rivalry
Teasing with another friend over texts

No comments: