Monday, March 30, 2009

The Honey Bucket of Luuuuuuuv


OK...I am going to lose some of you today - but, remember I just said that so make a little extra effort to go with me on this one.

I am a firm believer - that our lives are shaped by how we think. The more we use our imagination, the more that we can change things.

Few people imagine - things as they are. If they do, one could make a case that they really aren't using imagination.....but now we get into semantics. You know what I am talking about.

Next time you are in a restaurant - coffee line, grocery line, etc and you notice a fairly disagreeable person....someone that is just radiating a bad vibe.....I have a little trick for you.

Picture that there is a warm bucket of honey - right over their head....and tip it over...warmly dripping upon them. This isn't punishment to make them look silly like the old pie in the face gag. Just watch that syrupy, warm substance slowly cover them.

Warm, pure honey - ....a visual representation of love. Let it wash down over them. Allow yourself to react to the new picture that you see.

Without getting to "woo woo" on you - I have actually seen the person's demeanor change. Really!

Did they really change?....or did I?...or did both of us? - does it really matter?

The Honey Bucket of Love - give it a try on someone at random. Make note of what happens to you inside. Fun stuff!

IMMEDIATE ACTION - write down "Honey Bucket of Love" in your journal, a post it, somewhere....otherwise you will NEVER try this.

EXTRA Credit - do it with someone that you know...you'll start smiling or cracking up. Tell them that you thought they were looking a bit out of sorts and tell them what you just did.

1 comment:

mentorman said...

...well, you made me smile

...so I sat here imagining you swimming in honey

...nothing like seeing the Nutter to a mean backstroke in clover honey

...followed by making a chip shot with a honey stick

...and then dripping honey all the way to the club house

...where everyone who knows him raises a toast of aged honey to him

...and that will stick with me

...you're a honey of a dude, Mr. Nutter

...keep thinking outside of the honey jar!!!