Tuesday, March 10, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 773

HappyUP!!! - stock market
Why it happened - we were overdue?
Why it makes me happy - it's just good to get a substantial win in once in awhile. I'm in for the long run but it doesn't help when the great days are so far between. Today....we rejoice.

HappyUP!!! - Toastmasters speech contest
Why it happened - I put a speech together
Why it makes me happy - I wasn't going to enter because I didn't think I had something "with the legs" to get through the different levels of competition. Then, last night, "that thing" in me started to click. The speech isn't perfect but it has more potential than I thought...it is very timely.

HappyUP!!! - new Toastmasters
Why it happened - they stepped up
Why it makes me happy - one new member had only given one evaluation....and he won the contest today. He did a GREAT job. Another new member gave his icebreaker and, whoa!, he was powerful....I didn't see that coming. It was a great speech.

HappyUP!!! - birdie on 2
Why it happened - I hit a great shot and a super putt
Why it makes me happy - I was one under through 3 holes and I hit it close on 4. I have not been 2 under on my golf course. Unfortunately, I missed the birdie putt....and the par putt coming back. I ended up playing like a dog but, for a few moments, I thought today might be the day. I may have been "out of the moment" for a bit. Keep learning.

HappyUP!!! - running into V
Why it happened - V was out at the course walking the dog
Why it makes me happy - V just moved out by the golf course I play at. It's always great running into this person.

JollyJottings

Toastmasters J
Toastmasters contest
Toastmasters evaluation
Birdie on 2
5 iron on 4....5 iron on 5...driver/hybrid on 6...pitch on 12....8 iron on 15
Running into V
Golfing with P and SC

No comments: